1. Webb City(1)- The 2-time defending state champs extended their winning streak to 31 straight with a 44-3 win at Carl Junction. New quarterback John Roderique threw for 195 yards on just 6 of 8 passing to go with
97 rushing yards. The Cardinals put their 82-game regular season winning streak on the line Friday hosting
2. Lamar(2)- The defending class 2 state champs found themselves trailing class 4 McDonald County 7-0 after
just 2 plays Friday night. Never fear, the Tigers bounced right back for a 49-21 win led by the power rushing attack
of Tripp Tucker, Jared Beshore and company. A week 3 trip to defending Big 8 champ Cassville is looming.
3. MV-BT/Liberty(3)- The class 2 3rd ranked Eagles made a big statement to open the 2012 campaign with a
48-12 pounding of 5th ranked Caruthersville. Coach Acklin's club continues its challenging non-conference portion
of the slate with a trip to Springfield Catholic Friday night. Pictures vs. Caruthersville
4. Cassville(4) - The Wildcats maxed out their district points opening night with a 48-7 win over visiting class 5
Branson. The always potent Wildcat rushing attack piled up 404 yards on the ground. Coach Large's Cats will go
for 30 straight regular season wins Friday night at McDonald County.
5. Skyline(5) - We knew the Tigers could score the rock, but what was impressive about Friday night's 40-0 win
over Cole Camp was the suffocating defense. The class 1 contenders go for 2-0 this week as they open Mid Lakes
Conference play at Fair Grove in the KSPR Game of the Week.
6. Strafford(7)- The Indians burst out of the gates with a 61-0 win over visiting Hollister. Junior QB Jacob Wade's
legend continues to grow, and college recruiting list continues to grow. But credit his talented receiving core for much
of the big numbers Friday night, led by sophomore Dallas Hester. Also keep an eye out for pass rushing senior
Kory Noe as a breakout player this fall. Expect another big performance from Strafford Friday night at Cabool.
7. Bolivar(8) - The class 4 6th ranked Liberators took care of business with a 45-7 season opening win at Neosho.
Junior QB Rafe Peavey threw 4 touchdowns. Senior running back Kolby Follis rushed for 2 more. And credit kicker
Jordan McFarlen with a big night that included 6 extra points and a 35-yard field goal. The Liberators go up a class
again week 2 at Branson.
8. Lebanon(9) - Hardly a flawless opener, but the Yellow Jackets kicked off the 2012 season with a 28-12 win over
Rolla. Senior running back Brock West followed up his amazing junior season with 198 yards and 3 touchdowns.
Coach Christian and the Jackets break in their new turf Friday night hosting Waynesville.
9. Thayer(10) - Thayer kept it on the ground Friday night in a 21-6 win over Hayti. Senior Jacob Alford led that rushing
attack with 162 yards on 20 carries. The Bobcats head south to Highland, AR Friday night.
10. Ozark (NR) - The Tigers had to wait an extra day to begin the 2012 season, but it was worth the wait as Ozark blew the doors off visiting St. Joe Benton 69-13. Austin Roberts got things going by taking back the opening kickoff for a
touchdown (1 of 3 TDs for Roberts). Seth Wheeler, Cody Lindsay, David Salazar and Caleb Essick combined to score
10 touchdowns for Ozark, who now visits Harrisonville, AR in the Goblins opener Friday.
Knocking on the door: Hillcrest, Miller, Nixa, Camdenton
It was a tough weekend for our local teams in Blue Springs.
Both Springfield Catholic and Nixa went 0-for-2 on the weekend, forcing them to settle for fourth place in Class 3 and Class 1 respectively.
CLICK HERE FOR NIXA 3RD PLACE GAME PHOTOS --...
In the aftermath of Drury's run to the National Championship, a common topic has arisen in the area.
In a one game scenario, could the Panthers beat Missouri State?
Naturally, my first inclination is to say no. The difference between the mid-major,...
Just 16 days ago Nyla Milleson was let go as the head coach of the Lady Bears.
Missouri State President Clif Smart and Athletic Director Kyle Moats both took turns citing a laundry list of reasons, both on and off the court, as to why the...