1. Bret Bielema is a man. It was 97 degrees to start the game and did that stop him from wearing a long sleeve jacket THE ENTIRE game? No, No it did not.
2. This running game has a chance to be special. The Hogs executed Bret Bielema football to a tee as they outgained Louisiana 292-85 on the ground led by true sophomore Jonathan Williams (below right) and true freshman Alex Collins (below left). Williams had 152 yards rushing including a 75-yard touchdown run and Collins chipped in 131 yards of his own.
3. Brandon Allen has people's attention now. The true sophomore appeared to be a forgotten player on the Hogs' opening touchdown drive of 8:24 seconds as Arkansas kept running the ball to the right side. That is until Allen found Javontee Herndon in the left corner of the end zone for a six-yard touchdown, and then he was forgotten no more.Later he hit Herndon again on a 49-yard bomb for a touchdown as he finished 15-for-22 passing for 230 yards and three touchdowns.
4. The Arkansas defensive line looks to be a force to be reckoned with. Chris Smith, Trey Flowers and Deatrich Wise Jr. combined for 3.5 sacks, 5 hurries and 4 tackles for loss. And Deatrich Wise did this to the Louisiana quarterback:
5. Don't underestimate the effect Travis Swanson has on this team. Bielema once again had nothing but good things to say about his senior center in the postgame press conference. I don't know how much it showed on television, but when you are on the field you really get a feel for how much he is in charge of on that line and how important his blocking and leadership ability really are.