SPRINGFIELD – Mister Show-Me Basketball is coming to Springfield. Isiaih Mosley, a 6-foot-5, 175-pound forward from Rock Bridge High School in Columbia signed a National Letter of Intent on Tuesday afternoon to attend Missouri State this fall.
He is the third member of the 2018-19 Rock Bridge team to commit to coach Dana Ford’s Bears for next season. Mosley joins fellow Bruins Ja’Monta Black and Daquan Harris on MSU’s list of commitments for next season after the trio led coach Jim Scanlon’s squad to a 25-3 record and Missouri Class 5 state title this spring. Rock Bridge defeated St. Louis CBC High School, 63-59, at JQH Arena on March 16 to win its first-ever state basketball title.
Mosley averaged a team-high 23.2 points, 6.9 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game as a senior before earning the state’s top honor as Mr. Show-Me Basketball by the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association. This is just the fourth time Missouri’s top high school honoree has landed in Springfield, joining Spencer Laurie (2003), Drew Richards (2004) and current Bear Jared Ridder (2017) on the elite list.
“We are very pleased to get another Missouri talent who already has mileage playing inside JQH Arena,” said Missouri State associate head coach Corey Gipson. “Isiaih is a big, physical guard who possess a natural ability to score the basketball at all three levels. His versatility as a scorer, rebounder and playmaker will most definitely be an asset to the program.”
According to 247Sports.com, Mosley also received scholarship offers from Mississippi State, Tulsa, Missouri, Bradley, SMU, and Southeast Missouri. The same source also ranks Mosley as the No. 3 recruit in the state — behind Vashon guard Mario McKinney and fellow MSU commit Tyem Freeman at Springfield Parkview.
Missouri State’s 2019-20 Signing Class now includes:
· Ja’Monta Black (G, 6-4, 180, Fr., Columbia, Mo., Rock Bridge High)
· Tyem Freeman (F, 6-6, 200, Fr., Springfield, Mo., Parkview High)
· Dajuan Harris (G, 6-3, 170, Fr., Columbia, Mo., Rock Bridge High).
· Anthony Masinton-Bonner (G, 6-3, 180, Sr., Lawrence, Kan., Lawrence High, Colorado State)
· Isiaih Mosley (F, 6-5, 175, Fr., Columbia, Mo., Rock Bridge High)
· Gaige Prim (F, 6-8, 210, Jr., Aurora, Colo., Grandview High, South Plains (Texas) College)
· Lamont West (F, 6-8, 222, Sr., Cincinnati, Ohio, Miller Grove (Ga.) High, West Virginia)
The following MSU players will also be eligible in 2019-20 after satisfying NCAA transfer rules:
· Spencer Brown (G, 6-2, 191, Jr., Fayetteville, Ark., Fayetteville High, Lyon College)
· Tyrik Dixon (G, 6-1, 173, Jr., Bentonville, Ark., Southwest Christian Acad., Middle Tennessee)
· Josh Hall (G/F, 6-7, 200, Jr., Houston, Texas, Genesis (Va.) Academy, Nevada)
Ford’s Bears finished the 2018-19 season with a 16-16 overall record and tied for third in the MVC with a 10-8 conference record. Missouri State returns two all-conference starters in Tulio Da Silva and Keandre Cook, in addition to four other lettermen, for next season.